Monday, May 9, 2011

More scattered thoughts.

I've always been an optimist deep-down; my life has always been full of joy, even when things get difficult.
But the older I become, the more I realize: I don't have anything together. I snap at my siblings; I waste precious time with pointless activities. I get overwhelmed by all this...stuff that fills my days--all the things that suck my time and energy, all these important things I have to get accomplished. I get frustrated and exhausted and continued failure robs me of my joy. I look around and I realize that sometimes I don't know where I'm going or what I'm really supposed to be doing, or why I'm doing what I'm doing.
And in the midst of this living, I get on my knees, counting gifts and I praise God because I don't have it all together and that's just right. Because the One I serve does have it all together--more than I can ever imagine. He has chosen me to carry out Hie plan and His purposes...and that knowledge is so amazing and so humbling. And so I continue to stumble through life, sometimes completely blind...just knowing that He has it all under control. When I mess up, He forgives me and sets me back on the path.
I am so grateful....

1 comment: